DGT Smart Board
£287.00 Incl VAT | (£239.17 Excl VAT) to £506.00 Incl VAT | (£421.67 Excl VAT)
The DGT Smart Board was specifically developed to be more affordable than wooden DGT boards to make live chess broadcasting more accessible and bring chess to a wider audience.
The boards are made of high quality plastic providing the same great functionality and user experience as existing wooden e-Boards.
Smart Boards can be used in many different ways at home, clubs or tournaments.
The DGT Smart Board was specifically developed to be more affordable than wooden DGT boards, to make live chess broadcasting more accessible and bring chess to a wider audience. The DGT Smart Board is accurate, fast and very energy efficient.
The boards are made of high-quality plastic, providing the same great functionality and user experience as existing wooden e-Boards. The woodprint finish on the board is very appealing and looks just like real wood. The board is lightweight, thin and ergonomic, making it easy to store and transport. It is available with or without indices.
DGT Smart Boards are compatible with all DGT electronic chess sets. An affordable plastic set was developed for it, but the board also looks great with the wooden Timeless set. The board’s size is 520 x 520 mm, with tournament-size squares of 55 x 55 mm. It weighs just 2 kg.
Smart Boards can be used in many different ways at home, club or tournament.
- Online Play: Play online against opponents from around the world using the Smart Board as your input device for example on Playchess.com. Your opponent’s moves (human or engine) are shown in the display of the DGT3000 chess clock that connects with the Smart Board.
- Recording Chess Games: Use the boards to record your games for later retrieval and analysis.
- Computer Play, Training, Analysis & Study: The Smart Board interacts with the strongest chess-playing software and chess programs available on your PC or laptop. Add the DGT Pi chess computer to turn your Smart Board into your strongest sparring partner. Automatically store the games played for publication or analysis purposes.
- Tournament Set-up: DGT Smart Boards are fully compatible for use with existing wooden DGT e-Boards in a tournament set-up. DGT e-Boards can be connected with Smart Boards in one string. To use the Smart Board in a tournament set-up, different cables should be ordered. For more information about the connections, please enquire before ordering.
- Live Internet Broadcasting: Use great new and free LiveChess software that includes a free Cloud Service to broadcast your games and tournament live via your website.
- Standard cable connections are included. For most uses, the USB cable and DVD are sufficient. The DVD contains drivers, DGT LiveChess software and ChessBase Fritz14 chess-playing engine, and gives 100 days’ Premium Membership to Playchess.com.
- When playing chess on a Smart Board it records the games. It will log and record around 500 moves that can be retrieved from the board in PGN format and used on other devices such as a PC, tablet or mobile phone. Use a chess program for analysing the game and, if desired, to publish the games. Analysing your games is the best way to improve your chess. Use the free DGT LiveChess software and Cloud Service to broadcast your games and tournaments live on your website.
- By using a Smart Board to play chess, you can show the game locally on screens.
DGT Pi Chess Computer (available separately)
The DGT Pi is a chess computer that turns your DGT e-Board into your strongest sparring partner.
Simply set up the board, connect the DGT Pi and start playing. The computer moves are shown on the large display of the DGT Pi. The moves can also be described via the DGT Pi’s loudspeaker.
Eight different chess engines are included, offering a wide range of playing styles and strengths to enjoy. Play against StockFish, Texel, Arasan, Rodent II, Zurichess, Floyd, Cinnamon and Claudia. The Fritz PC computer program is included with the Smart Board.
The DGT e-Board and the DGT Pi are a great tool for playing chess, for training or for analysing games and positions over the board, using a traditional wooden board and pieces.
The DGT Pi can also be used as a fully functional DGT3000 chess clock.
Please see the manual for more information.
|Choose Smart Board|
without DGT Pi Chess Computer, with DGT Pi Chess Computer
|Printed Edge Indices|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.